TOUR DURATION: 4.5hrs (Approx.)
We start our journey travelling towards the Southside of London. Our first stop is the quaint old village of Rotherhithe, and nearby is the famous Mayflower Public House. This is where the Pilgrim Fathers set sail to travel to America in 1620. We then visit the historical shipyard of Henry VIII and then make our way to the historic market town of Greenwich.
We stop here to see a sailing ship known as the Cutty Sark that was built in the 1860s for speed, known then as the “Greyhound of the Sea”.
We go onwards and upwards to the highest point of Greenwich: The Royal Observatory. You can actually stand astride the Greenwich Meridian with one leg in each time zone! The Observatory, built in the 1670’s, has played a central role in the history of astronomy, navigation and time-keeping. Have your cameras ready to take advantage of one of the best photo opportunities in London, and enjoy the panoramic views of Old Father Thames snaking in and out of Greenwich against a stunning panorama of spires, steeples and skyscrapers. From here we travel back in time as we view The Royal Navy College with its superb Wren architecture and fascinating history, and then begin to make our way back into Central London with lots more to see! Our description is just a taste to whet your appetite for the experience of this tour. More history, stories, facts and details await you!
- Private Tour w/ Professional Black Cabbie Tour Guide
- Rotherhithe and Mayflower Pub
- Cutty Sark and Greenwich Village
- Royal Observatory – Greenwich Park
- The Royal Navy College
- Tour Departure Times: Hourly
- Children under 16 yrs old must be accompanied by an adult
- Tours cancelled within 48hrs will be subjected to a cancellation fee
- Pickup times must be strictly adhered to, no variance to be allowed
- Max of 5 passengers per taxi (Iconic Classic London Cab)
- Max of 6 passengers per taxi (Mercedes Vito London Cab)
- Multiple Pickups are not available
- Please inform your guide if you wish to be dropped off at an alternative London location at the end of the tour. (This is included in the package)
Tour includes a Professional Driver Guide & Photo Opportunities. Tour Excludes Foods/Drinks, Entrance Fees to Attractions, & Gratuities.