TOUR DURATION: 2.5hrs (Approx.)
Your Cabbie Guide will take you on a magical tour to some of the city’s fascinating streets just south of the river, where vibrant thoroughfares suddenly give way to quiet alleys and cobbled yards tucked away from the hustle and bustle of London’s oldest High Street. We encounter the city’s only remaining galleried coaching inn that really feels like Dickensian London, and we take you through the highlights of the historic Borough Market. This area is a favorite film location, and can be seen in several movies including “Bridget Jones’ Diary” and “Harry Potter”.
London Bridge may no longer be falling down these days, but we find out why it once did and the real story behind the nursery rhyme, why there’s a spike there, and learn more about some of the real and fictional characters associated with this iconic London structure.
You may like to take an optional tour inside an Old Operating Theatre and Herb Garret to hear stories of the development of medicine and surgery.
We pass the reconstruction of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre with the option of a tour inside to visit the world’s largest exhibition devoted to Shakespeare and the London in which he lived and worked. See the former power station that has now been converted into the world’s most popular and breathtaking gallery of modern art: the Tate Modern – the only building to have been formally opened twice by our Queen!
- Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre
- The Bustling Borough Market
- Chaucer, Dickens, and Harry Potter
- London Bridge and Southwark Cathedral
- Tour Departure Times: Hourly Every Day
- Children under 16 yrs old must be accompanied by an adult
- Tours cancelled within 48hrs will be subjected to a cancellation fee
- Pickup times must be strictly adhered to, no variance to be allowed
- Max of 5 passengers per taxi (Iconic Classic London Cab)
- Max of 6 passengers per taxi (Mercedes Vito London Cab)
- Multiple Pickups are not available
- Please inform your guide if you wish to be dropped off at an alternative London location at the end of the tour. (This is included in the package)
Tour includes a Professional Driver Guide & Photo Opportunities. Tour Excludes Foods/Drinks, Entrance Fees to Attractions, & Gratuities.