TOUR DURATION: 6hrs (Approx.)
Your driver-guide will take you to the most famous prehistoric monument in the world that is now a world heritage site. Stonehenge stands alone as it has done for thousands of years on the vast empty tract of Salisbury plain. Its origins date back about 5000 years, and its exact alignment to the sun’s position during the Equinoxes has led people to believe it must have been a place of spiritual worship, particularly given the existence of other archaeological remains in the surrounding area. What was it really for? And how did the 40 ton bluestone rocks make the 150 mile journey from their original site so long ago? Was it an observatory for the moon, a temple to the sun, or an elaborate cemetery? Come and unlock the secrets for yourself, and marvel at this remarkable ancient Monument.
Visit the new state of the art Stonehenge Visitor Centre where you can enjoy an interactive display of the history of this amazing site, and enter the different styles of houses that the natives of this area lived in throughout the building of the henge and surrounding area.
The drive itself is lovely too of course – once out of town, we drive through Surrey, Hampshire & Wiltshire allowing you a great way to see the English countryside at its finest.
- Children under 16 yrs old must be accompanied by an adult
- Tours cancelled within 48hrs will be subjected to a cancellation fee
- Pickup times must be strictly adhered to, no variance to be allowed
- Max of 5 passengers per taxi (Iconic Classic London Cab)
- Max of 6 passengers per taxi (Mercedes Vito London Cab)
- Multiple Pickups are not available
- Please inform your guide if you wish to be dropped off at an alternative London location at the end of the tour. (This is included in the package)
Tour includes a Professional Driver Guide & Photo Opportunities. Tour Excludes Foods/Drinks, Entrance Fees to Attractions, & Gratuities.