TOUR DURATION: 10-11hrs (Approx.)
Each monarch has left their mark on what is now the largest continuously occupied castle in the world. Your ticket allows you to enter the castle so that you can see for yourself the splendour of the St. George’s Chapel and the sumptuous state apartments. Windsor itself is a delightful town full of traditional shops and historic pubs – Shakespeare is said to have written his play The Merry Wives of Windsor in one of them! After your visit to Windsor, we drive through Runnymede where King John signed the Magna Carta in 1215, the foundation of our modern legal framework.
Your cabbie will then drive to the most famous prehistoric monument in the world that is now a world heritage site. Stonehenge stands alone as it has done for thousands of years on the vast empty tract of Salisbury plain. Its origins date back about 5000 years, and its exact alignment to the sun’s position during the Equinoxes has led people to believe it must have been a place of spiritual worship, particularly given the existence of other archaeological remains in the surrounding area. What was it really for? And how did the 40 ton bluestone rocks make the 150 mile journey from their original site so long ago? Was it an observatory for the moon, a temple to the sun, or an elaborate cemetery? Come and unlock the secrets for yourself, and marvel at this remarkable ancient Monument.
If there is enough time, we can even make a small detour (total time: 1 hour including a 20 minute walk on a public footpath) to view the exterior of Downton Abbey (Highclere Castle) or Bampton – the nearby village where much of the filming for the TV series took place!
- Windsor Castle – Home of Queen Elizabeth II
- A drive through Runnymed where King John signed the historic Magna Carta in 1215
- Visit the mysterious ancient monument of Stonehenge (entrance includes an audio guide)
- Tour Departure Time: 8am (subject to special events – please contact us for details)
- Children under 16 yrs old must be accompanied by an adult
- Tours cancelled within 48hrs will be subjected to a cancellation fee
- Pickup times must be strictly adhered to, no variance to be allowed
- Max of 5 passengers per taxi (Iconic Classic London Cab)
- Max of 6 passengers per taxi (Mercedes Vito London Cab)
- Multiple Pickups are not available
- Please inform your guide if you wish to be dropped off at an alternative London location at the end of the tour. (This is included in the package)
Tour includes a Professional Driver Guide & Photo Opportunities. Tour Excludes Foods/Drinks, Entrance Fees to Attractions, & Gratuities.